PORCELAIN VENEERS – PLANO, TX
Veneers are used to improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth due to broken, misaligned, discolored, or distorted teeth. At Perfect Smiles Plano Family Dentistry, we use this dental procedure to drastically change the way that your teeth look. Considering that your smile is the first thing that people will notice when you meet them, it is important that your teeth are as perfect and natural looking as possible. For this reason, top celebrities in Hollywood use veneers to create a picture perfect smile. With the help of our team of trained professionals and highly skilled laboratory, we will create the best smile possible for you so that you can feel more comfortable doing the thing that you love most – smiling.
REVITALIZE YOUR SMILE WITH PORCELAIN VENEERS
Veneers are a great substitute for crowns on your front teeth due to the fact that they can aesthetically change the size, color, and shape of your teeth. It is also important to note that these veneers can be applied with little to no anesthesia, depending on the procedure. Another great advantage to veneers is that they are quite resistant to staining and other damage that comes from coffee, tea, and cigarettes.
WHAT TREATMENTS OR PROBLEMS ARE VENEERS USED FOR?
Patients choose veneers for a wide variety of reasons:
1. Stained Teeth: If you have tried whitening your teeth with whitening products and have seen little to no results, veneers are the perfect option for you.
2. Tooth Damage: Whether your teeth have been worn down from grinding or from consuming acidic or carbonated drinks, veneers can help to renew the look of your smile.
3. Spaces or Gaps: Gaps between teeth are something that many people live with and if you are self-conscious about these gaps, veneers can help to close them by creating a uniform smile.
4. Crooked Teeth: Braces or Invisalign are generally the most popular (and preferred) method of adjusting crooked teeth, however, such treatments can take up to a year or longer. For teeth that are not severely crooked, veneers placed over the front surface will give you straight and perfectly aligned teeth. For this reason, many people refer to veneers as “instant orthodontics”, as you get a similar end result in a fraction of the time.
COMPOSITE VENEERS VS. PORCELAIN VENEERS
Most patients decide to go with porcelain veneers as they are a stronger, longer-lasting, and more stain resistant material than composite veneers. It is also important to note that if you’re looking for the most natural look possible, porcelain veneers help to create a seamless appearance that looks like you were born with perfect teeth. Composite veneers are ideal for small chips, as this treatment preserves more of your natural tooth structure. Although porcelain veneers are popular, they are also more expensive than composite veneers and are generally used for more extensive treatments. However, because composite veneers are far less durable than porcelain veneers, you could find yourself spending more money in the long run replacing your composite veneers. To discuss the best treatment options for your needs, Call us today at 214-446-1942 for a free consultation with Dr. Tehrani in Plano, TX
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE OF HAVING VENEERS FITTED?
1. The first part of any dental procedure is the initial consultation and examination, so that the dentist can get a feel for what you want and understand your needs and concerns. Dr. Tehrani will explain the treatment procedure to you and give you an accurate guide to the likely costs of your treatment.
2. Before your veneers are designed, Dr. Tehrani will need to reshape and prepare the front surfaces of your teeth so that they can accommodate the veneers. The first stage is to numb the teeth and gums with a local anesthetic so that you do not feel anything during the procedure. At Perfect Smiles Plano Family Dentistry, we also offer pain free dentistry if you feel anxiety or are sensitive to pain.
3. Next, an impression, or mold, of your teeth is taken.
4. The impression of is then sent to a dental laboratory where a skilled technician will fabricate your custom veneers. This process can take between 1 to 3 weeks.
5. Dr. Tehrani will fit you with temporary veneers to protect your teeth in the meantime.
6. On your second appointment, Dr. Tehrani will permanently bond the veneers to the your natural teeth.
HOW LONG DO VENEERS LAST?
Porcelain veneers will typically last between five and ten years, while composite veneers last a year or two at most. The bottom line is that your veneers will eventually need to be replaced. Although veneers are strongly cemented into place, there have been cases where they come loose and fall off. In such situations, it is important that you keep hold of your veneer and contact Perfect Smiles Plano Family Dentistry immediately. To make your veneers last longer, follow a good oral hygiene program and visit Dr. Tehrani for check-ups on a regular basis.
WHAT ARE LUMINEERS?
Lumineers, are similar to standard porcelain veneers, but are fabricated and made from patented cerinate porcelain that is extremely thin (about the thickness of a contact lens) and very strong. With Lumineers, the tooth surface does not need to be trimmed, so the procedure is quicker and totally painless. Click HERE To read more about Lumineers.
WHAT ARE DA VINCI VENEERS?
Da Vinci veneers are similar to Lumineers in that they are extremely thin veneers that are often used for smile makeovers. They are only manufactured in the da Vinci laboratory in California. The da Vinci brand name is very popular, especially with high-profile cosmetic dentists who often have celebrities amongst their clients. Click HERE to read more about Da Vinci Veneers.
WHAT ARE MAC VENEERS?
These are made from pressed ceramic, giving more strength than standard veneers. They are an ideal veneer choice for smile makeovers. Read more about MAC Veneers HERE.
Call us today at 214-446-1942 for a free consultation!
Emergency Walk-In’s Welcome!
“Excellent job. Work was done professionally and courteously. I don’t like having dental work, but the process went smoothly and with no discomfort.”
“Evrything was great, as usual. Thanks for helping my family take good care of our smiles!”